It’s picnic time! Before you pack your things and head out, take a few minutes for this delicious, blueberry-loaded little cake. It’s a quick and easy recipe and what makes it extra delicious is the crunchy crust on top and the moist and fluffy inside. All you need are some basic ingredients, a cup of fresh blueberries and 2 sealable, oven-proof glass jars (I used this Weck jar) – and about 45 minutes of time.
There might be some left over batter which you can fill it in a little form or a muffin paper. Don’t stuff the glasses too full, you won’t get the lid on… You can garnish them with some powdered sugar if you want, and let them cool a little if you have the time – or just seal them, pack them, and off you go!
- 50 g (1/4 cup) butter
- 50 g (1/4 cup) sugar
- 100 g (3/4 cup + 1 tbsp) flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4-5 tablespoons milk
- ½ vanilla bean
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- Whisk the sugar and the butter for about 3 minutes, then add the egg while whisking.
- Once its all well combined and fluffy, Carefully mix in the sifted flour and the baking powder together with the inside of half a vanilla bean and 4-5 tablespoons of milk, depending on the consistency of the batter.
- Carefully fold in the washed blueberries.
- Before you fill the batter in the glasses, make sure to grease them well enough. Fill them up with the blueberry batter a little less than ⅔, the dough will rise a lot, at least by ⅓ of its volume. If you fill it up too high, you will have trouble fitting the lit on, like me.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until golden.