As already announced, I am working on a little vanilla bean recipe series. I think the vanilla bean definitely deserves this. After making this super quick and easy Homemade Vanilla Bean Pudding last week, I cannot wait to share these seriously addictive, lip-smacking Vanilla Bean Cake Truffles with you. Super moist and dense vanilla bean cake balls with a hint of white chocolate, surrounded by toasted crunchy pistachios. They will make you want more. And more. And more. I ate 6 truffles right away before they were even completely set. Six! All at once cause they were so incredibly delicious and SO addictive.
Now you will like to hear that they are quick to make and don’t require a lot of ingredients. I used the cake tops of a 6-Layer Vanilla Bean Birthday Cake I made last week (coming soon!) and the best thing is: you can cut off your cake tops when making the cake and just freeze them! Defrost your cake tops at any time, crumble and then go ahead with the recipe. You can also use left-overs or cake tops of a simple white cake and just add some vanilla bean seeds…
- 3 cups of crumbled Vanilla Bean Cake
- (OR: 3 cups of crumbled store-bought white cake + inside of ⅓ vanilla bean)
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ cup unsalted pistachios, shelled
- In a small saucepan, slightly toast the shelled pistachios. Set aside and let cool down.
- Melt the white chocolate and the cream over a double boiler. Pour melted chocolate mix over the cake crumbs and stir with a spoon. Knead the mixture with your hands until well combined and form 1 inch cake balls.
- Grind the pistachios in a food processor and place in a bowl.
- Wet the cake truffles a little bit with your hands, then roll them in the pistachios. This helps the pistachios to stick on your cake truffles.
- Tip: Store them at room temperature for up to a few days, they will get too hard when stored in the refrigerator.