Pistachio Vanilla Butter Bundt Cake
Happy Easter everyone! Spring is in the air and I am celebrating not just one of my favorite holidays but the beginning of my ambassadorship for Challenge Dairy! Whoop! So I went ahead and used Unsalted Challenge Butter to make this incredibly springlike and super easy Pistachio Vanilla Butter Bundt Cake. Perfect for any Easter brunch, spring picnic or tea party!
What I love about Challenge butter? Well, besides the fact that it tastes super creamy and rich and is a very high quality butter (it is made from 100% pure cream from cows in California), I admit, I like the little deer on the package. Superficial, I know. They also have European style butter which I love. It is creamier and silkier than regular butter since it contains 83% fat instead of 80% and it makes super flaky pastries. Give it a try!
As a baker and food blogger I am using tons of cream cheese and, above all, butter. Tons of it! A layer cake with buttercream frosting (like this one, or this one) easily swallows 8 sticks. I know what you’re thinking… calories… I know. But hey, you’re at Sugary & Buttery!
Vanilla and Pistachio make such a great team (as I already discovered making these Vanilla Bean Cake Truffles with Toasted Pistachios) and this cake is super fluffy and moist, just as any butter bundt cake has to be. Absolutely save this recipe, you can even leave out the pistachio part and make a plain vanilla bundt cake… yum!
And if you are looking for some more buttery tea party treats, check out the following recipes by these super talented bloggers:
Mini Pineapple Brown Sugar Crumb Cakes by Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
Almond Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting by Cookies & Cups
Pastry Wrapped Asparagus with Lemon Butter Dipping Sauce by Challenge
- FOR THE VANILLA BATTER:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 1.5 sticks Challenge Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup milk or buttermilk
- FOR THE PISTACHIO BATTER:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.5 cups granulated sugar
- 0.5 sticks Challenge Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 0.5 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1.5 cup finely ground pistachios (about 5 oz pistachios)
- light green food coloring
- Preheat your oven to 350°F / 180°C and grease a bundt cake pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla seeds until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients alternating with milk/buttermilk. Stir until just combined and set aside.
- To make the pistachio batter, mix all your dry ingredients and set aside. Beat the sugar, butter, pistachios and a few drops of food coloring until light and creamy. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk.
- Pour half of the vanilla batter into your cake pan, top with the pistachio batter and then add the rest of the vanilla batter.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.