I’ve been wanting to make ice cream for a long time and my daughter has been talking about making popsicles so we met in the middle yesterday and made this Hibiscus Honey Sorbet. Well, I also ran out of sticks for my popsicle mold, so… Anyway, this sorbet was super easy and has only 3 ingredients! Plus, it is sugar free. I know I always post a lot of decadent recipes here full of butter and sugar but I am actually living a pretty healthy lifestyle and eat very well, believe it or not, and I always like finding recipes that are yummy and guilt-free or healthy. Especially for my daughter. This sorbet is made of hibiscus tea with honey and agave syrup. If you don’t have an ice-cream maker, fill it in popsicle molds instead! It actually makes awesome popsicles.
Since the honey flavor is really prominent here, I would recommend using a quality honey that has a mellow taste, just any honey you really like. The cheapest grocery store brand might not cut it, you really do taste the difference here.
I am also super pumped about my new camera! I finally retired my old Sony Nex and got this Sony Alpha a7. Full frame and definitely a huge step up, I could not believe my eyes when I opened these first images in Photoshop, so crisp and sharp! Yay!
- 6 hibiscus tea bags
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2-4 tablespoons agave syrup
- 3.5 cups cold filtered water
- Bring 1.5 cups of water, honey and agave syrup (more sirup for sweeter sorbet) to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add tea bags and let site for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and pour over cold water.
- Place in freezer for about 1-2 hours until mixture gets very cold.
- Prepare sorbet with your ice cream maker according to instruction, or fill in popsicle molds.