I have been making these for a couple of months now, filled with either peanut butter, almond butter (my least favorite) or tahini, and I thought I just had to post this not so traditional yet super delish version – Sea Salted Chocolate Tahini Cups! Unlike chocolate cups filled with peanut butter, the tahini stays creamy and runny when stored in the fridge. So when you bite into the chilled, rich chocolate crust and the creamy tahini runs out and everything melts in your mouth, the chocolate and the sea salt flakes… it’s just heaven.
The chocolate is not actual chocolate but a ‘vegan’ or ‘paleo’ chocolate version, made with coconut oil, maple syrup and cocoa powder. Which is why these little cuties need to be stored in the fridge, and they LITERALLY melt in your mouth.
I was really hoping 8 of these cups will last me at least half way through the week but nooo…. all gone except for one. Should have known. Next time I will make a large batch, they keep for about 1 week in the fridge but you can actually store them in the freezer as well and they will keep, well, forever, maybe?
- Whisk together the coconut oil, cocoa powder, and maple syrup.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners and fill 1 tablespoon of chocolate mixture in 8 of the liners, sprinkle with a small amount of sea salt flakes.
- Chill for 10 minutes in the freezer.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of tahini into each of the cups and cover with 1 tablespoon of the remaining chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with a small amount of sea salt flakes.
- Chill for another 10 minutes on the freezer, done!
- Store in the refrigerator for about 1 week.