Lemon & Poppy Seed Energy Balls
I’ve lately been obsessed with Pinch of Yum’s Pumpkin Energy Bites (if you have not tried those yet, do so asap) and I just love the idea of combining oats and healthy seeds with honey and other flavors and spices into a chewy sweet energy ball! I keep them in a ziploc bag in the fridge and grab one whenever I feel my sweet tooth taking over or whenever I just need a pick-me -up. They are also awesome treats to have around as a family since they are a healthy snack alternative for kids, and even a great lunch box add-on!Print
- 1.5 cups quick oats
- 1 cup shredded unsweet coconut (more for coating)
- 0.5 cup honey
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- OPTIONAL: 1-2 scoops unsweet, unflavored collagen powder
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend for about 1-2 minutes.
- Form 1 inch balls and roll them in finely shredded coconut.
- Keep refrigerated for about 1 week.