Rich and gooey hazelnut layer on top of buttery shortbread, dipped in dark chocolate. No kitchen tools and very few ingredients required!
FOR THE SHORTBREAD
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
FOR THE NUT LAYER
- 2 cups hazelnut meal
- 1 cup sugar
- 1.5 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (or favorite dark chocolate)
- Grease a 7×10 rectangle baking pan and preheat oven to 350F.
- For the shortbread, knead together all 4 ingredients into a smooth dough and gently press into the baking pan, smoothing out the top.
- Make the hazelnut layer by mixing all ingredients together with a whisk. Pour over the shortbread.
- Bake for 20 mins at 350F, then let them cool down completely before cutting into 18 triangles.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler, then dip the long sides of each triangle in chocolate.