Alright, roughly 3 weeks until Christmas and if you’re still procrastinating on your Holiday baking, try these super easy an naturally gluten-free Marzipan Crescent Cookies! Made with just amonds, vanilla, sugar and egg white, these moist and gooey crescents taste just like Marzipan. And, you can really make these vanilla almond Cookies in any shape year round.
Also, look at the photography of these Vanilla Crescent Cookies from almost exactly 4 years ago… it’s always amazing to look back to my old posts and see how far I’ve come. I remember shooting those and really struggeling with the styling, and the lighting, then having to trash half of the images because of poor resolution… I eventually gave up and just posted the recipe with that one mediocre image.Print
These light vanilla almond Christmas cookies can really be enjoyed in any shape year round. They are quick and easy, gluten-free, and have only 4 ingredients!
- 3 cups almond flour
- 3 egg white (use medium eggs)
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined. The dough should resemble the look and feel of marzipan and be firm and wet but not too sticky. See notes below.
- Divide the dough into walnut sized balls and shape each ball into crescents.
- Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes and take them out just before they start to turn golden.
- If you are using large eggs, you might have to add a little more almond flour and sugar, if the dough is too wet and sticks on you fingers.
- I would highly recommend using actual vanilla bean, vanilla extract just won’t do here.