These classic yet gluten-free Coconut Macaroons are gooey, dreamy, delicious, and with just 4 ingredients super quick and easy to make!
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 vanilla bean (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- Optional: 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until egg whites are thick and frothy, for about 3 mins.
- Add coconut to egg white mixture, and stir until combined.
- With a small cookie scoop or two spoons, scoop the macaroons into 1″ balls. Place on the baking sheet, about 1-2″ apart.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the macaroons are golden brown.