FOR THE CAKE
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 stick unsalted Challenge butter, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, mashed
FOR THE FROSTING
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Beat the sugar, butter, and eggs in a stand mixer for about 1-2 mins. Add apple sauce and vanilla and keep beating.
- Add the mashed banana and mix until combined.
- Slowly incorporate the flour and baking powder just until well combined.
- Pour the batter in a greased round 9 inch cake pan and bake for about 30-35 mins until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for at least 2 hours.
- To make the frosting, beat the softened butter, powdered sugar and milk until fluffy.
- Add cream cheese and peanut butter and beat for another 3-4 minutes until well incorporated.
- Spread about half of the frosting over the cake and put the remaining frosting in a piping bag with a large tip. Decorate the top of the cake as shown in picture.