For a while friends have been asking me for a good and easy (no bake) cheesecake recipe so here we go! It’s based on a recipe my mum used to make (on the very rare occasions she ever made a cake) and I tweaked it a little bit over the years.
I usually make this cheesecake with lemons but now that summer is here why not go with cherry and blueberry? It’s ‘no bake’ and easy to make, it just needs enough time to refrigerate, so if you think about making this cake, it’s best to make it the night before.
- 2 cups / 150 g vanilla wafers (or digestive cookies)
- ½ stick of butter
- 16oz / 500g (2 packs) cream cheese
- 1 cup drained greek yogurt
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 0.5 cups pureed blueberries
- 0.5 cups pureed cherries
- 1 egg white
- 30g sugar
- I used a 6 inch x 3 inch cheesecake pan because I like tall cakes, I just think it looks prettier. But you can use an 8 inch pan or an even bigger one and just make a flatter cake. I suggest lining the pan with parchment paper on the sides so the cake is easier to remove from the pan once its ready.
- Start by crumbling the wafers/cookies in a food processor and melting the butter in the microwave.
- Mix the cookie crumbles and the butter and pour the crumble mixture into the cake pan. Using a tarte tamper, press the crumbles down to get a flat cake bottom.
- Combine the drained greek yogurt, the cream cheese and the fruit purees into the bowl of your stand mixer and mix on low speed until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat on medium speed for about 1-2 minutes until creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake batter onto the cookie bottom and freeze the cake for at least 6 hours, or overnight, and remove about 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Beat the egg white to soft peaks. Then add the sugar teaspoon by teaspoon every 30 seconds while beating.
- Once all your sugar is incorporated, keep beating on medium high speed for 5 minutes.
- Spread the meringue on your cake, top with berries and serve!