Oh my… I have only 3 words to describe this cake: chocolaty, succulent, divine. It is honestly one of the best chocolate cakes I have ever tasted and it takes no more than 5 ingredients and 15 minutes plus baking time (plus it’s gluten free in case you are allergic). The outcome it the most chocolate loaded, moist (wet!) piece of cake you can imagine. And I promise you: you won’t stop eating until it’s gone.
I’ve got this flourless chocolate hazelnut cake recipe for a while actually and made it quite a few times, I just never thought of posting it. I don’t know why because this recipe is something that I just can’t keep to myself. So it was about time it found its way on my blog! The only change I made to the original recipe here is I added some hazelnuts. If you are allergic to hazelnuts, you might add 2 tablespoons of flour instead unless you are gluten allergic as well. In that case, 2 tablespoons of oat flour will do perfectly!
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 0.5 cup ground hazelnuts (or 2 tablespoons flour/oat flour)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- Melt the chocolate and the butter over a double boiler.
- Stir in the ground hazelnuts and sugar.
- Add the eggs and whisk by hand until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9 inch cake or pie form and bake for about 30 mins until the top of the cake is cracked.