Spiced Pear Streusel Bars
The fall season has officially started and I am so excited about all the fall baking ahead. With warm spices like cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom, these one-bowl Spiced Pear Streusel Bars are the perfect recipe for this cozy season. And, best of all, they are so quick and easy to make! The secret to this super easy recipe: both the streusel and the bottom of the bars are made from the same dough. So all you need is a couple of simple and straight-forward ingredients such as oats, flour and Challenge Butter, one bowl, a whisk, 30 minutes of time, and you’re all set. Served warm with vanilla bean ice cream, they make a super delicious – and impressive – dessert, even for Thanksgiving! Because let’s be honest, with all the Thanksgiving cooking, who has time to bake a pie?
What I love about these bars – aside from the perfect mix of spices paired with the pears – is how moist and chewy the bottom is and how crunchy the top. And to think how quick and easy it is made, both made of the same dough, just makes it even better. Head over to the Community blog for the recipe!
Disclaimer: I’m proud to be a Challenge Butter Ambassador. I was compensated for this post by Challenge Butter. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Sugary & Buttery possible.
- 2–3 Bartlett pears
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sticks Challenge Butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cardamom
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line and grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Wash and slice pears, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, oats, and baking soda. Add melted butter, water, brown sugar, salt, and spices, stirring until mixture is crumbly.
- Press two-thirds of mixture into bottom of prepared pan and cover with sliced pears.
- Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture on top.
- Bake until golden brown, about 50 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
Keywords: streusel bars, pear bars, pear streusel bars, fall baking