Marzipan Crescent Cookies (GF)
Alright, roughly 3 weeks until Christmas and if you’re still procrastinating on your Holiday baking, try these super easy and naturally gluten-free Marzipan Crescent Cookies! Made with just almonds, vanilla, sugar, and egg white, these moist and gooey crescents taste just like Marzipan. And, you can really make these vanilla almond Cookies in any shape year-round.
Also, look at the photography of these Vanilla Crescent Cookies from almost exactly 4 years ago… it’s always amazing to look back to my old posts and see how far I’ve come. I remember shooting those and really struggling with the styling, and the lighting, then having to trash half of the images because of poor resolution… I eventually gave up and just posted the recipe with that one mediocre image.
Super easy and naturally gluten-free Marzipan Crescent Cookies made with just almonds, vanilla, sugar, and egg white.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 sticks Challenge Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1 vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to 340°F and place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Knead the butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, flour, almond flour and the inside of half of the vanilla bean until well-mixed and smooth.
- Place dough in fridge for about 1 hour (can be left in fridge up to 2 days before making cookies).
- Take out dough and let it sit at room temperature for about 20 mins.
- Shape crescents and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20 mins, the should only become slightly golden at the bottom but stay pale at the top.
- Take them out and let stand for about 1-2 minutes.
- Mix the remaining half of the vanilla bean with about 1 cup powdered sugar and dust the cookies as long as they are still hot (helps the sugar to stick).
- Store in a tight container for up to 2 weeks.